Apply for the ongoing United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job Title: Partnerships Jr. Consultant
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Experience: Mid Career
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to a Partnership Jr Consultant for our Canadian Global Office, based in Ottawa, Canada. The purpose of the assignment is to support the Partnership Officer in all Partnership duties.
- Conduct research and analysis on donor partner priorities in specific thematic areas and country/regional contexts
- Conduct research and analysis on Canadian political and international aid priorities.
- Conduct research and analysis on Canadian NGO partners for increased WFP presence in Canada.
- Develop draft deck presentations and documents based on research and analysis conducted.
- Conduct research and analysis using internal technological systems in preparation for partner and donor meetings.
- Support the coordination of strategic donor engagement working groups for Thematic funding (e.g. Climate Change, Gender Equality, Nutrition).
- Participate in thematic funding meetings and create official Notes for the Record or Quick Read Outs.
- Contribute to the drafting of Thematic program proposals through research, analysis and draft writing.
- Support the drafting of briefing documents for high level stakeholders, through research and analysis.
- Support the monitoring and reporting process of Global Office Canada’s Annual Performance Plan.
- Participate in Global Office Canada’s quarterly and annual review workshops.
- Compile, edit and upload weekly information reports on Canadian priorities and context.
- Compile and edit monthly Canada’s Global Office report.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Use key information systems (e.g Salesforce, Project Factory, Grants 360) as needed for information sharing and research.
- Provide support for high level visits and events.
- Incorporate gender equality perspective in all areas of work
- Other tasks as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Research products, including mapping and analysis of Canadian NGO partners for WFP engagement in Canada, tracking document created for Canadian NGO partner engagement in Canada
PowerPoint presentations, including overview of Canadian NGO partnerships in Canada
Thematic funding discussions coordinated.
Weekly information reports on Canadian priorities and context
Monthly Canada Office Reports drafted
High level visits supported
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduate degree in Political Studies, International Relations, International Development or relevant field.
One year previous experience
Six months of experience using Salesforce for relationship management, global forecast and analysis of funding figures.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), knowledge of another database is an asset
Understanding of Canadian government political context, policies with a particular focus on Gender Equality, Climate Change and Climate Financing.
Verbal and written fluency (level C) in English; working knowledge of French would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 06 July 2022
Ref.: VA No. 167635
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you