Apply for the ongoing World Bank Group Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This World Bank Group job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Location: Washington, D.C.
We are looking to hire a Communications Officer to support communications and outreach for the Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency. This role is critical to amplifying IFC’s work, impact, and thought leadership. This is an opportunity to help make a difference in developing countries by supporting private sector solutions that create markets and build human capital.
The position, based in Washington, D.C., reports to the Senior Communications Officer for Economics and Private Sector Development and will work across the WBG communications family to provide strategic, proactive communications and engagement plans. The focus is on communicating IFC’s economic analyses, the use of blended finance, impact measurement and monitoring, standard setting on impact investing, country and sector strategies, and our agenda in the poorest and conflict-affected countries. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Role and Responsibilities
The Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency consists of four departments and ensures a consistent focus on development results across IFC’s operations. It develops country and sector strategies, tracks and evaluates project impact, provides independent economic analysis and oversight to all of IFC’s operations and leads IFC’s blended finance program, corporate strategy, engagement on the Operating Principles for Impact Management, and the agenda in the poorest and conflict-affected countries. It also coordinates and collaborates across the World Bank Group and other International Financial Institutions, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and works with Multilateral Development Banks, development finance institutions, the private sector, governments and other stakeholders on private sector development.
The Communications Officer will work closely with Senior Communications Officers and other corporate, regional and industry communications colleagues in the following areas:
Products: Conceptualizing and producing communication products (e.g., social media packages, press releases, blogs, feature stories, talking points, presentations, briefing notes, web content, speeches, etc.).
Networks: Supporting relationships with key external and/or internal constituencies (e.g., the media, civil society, academia, businesses, other development finance institutions, World Bank Group colleagues, etc.).
Events: Supporting the planning, coordination, and logistics, often across multiple teams, for IFC-organized industry conferences and seminars, World Bank Group annual and spring meetings, executive missions and speeches, public or broadcast appearances, and other communications-related activities involving external and/or internal audiences.
Risk management: Supporting risk identification and mitigation activities in the context of corporate and operational communication interventions; advising specific internal and external stakeholders. Focus includes current events, public opinion, social or political issues, and other external or internal developments related to IFC’s thematic work.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (communications, journalism, economics, finance, business administration, development studies, or international relations) and minimum of six years of relevant professional experience in communications or journalism.
- Experience in communicating complex technical concepts in a clear, compelling, and concise manner and developing messages that are accessible to a wide range of audiences
- Strong writing, editing, and speaking skills in English and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style for a variety of platforms including digital media. Fluency in other languages a plus
- Solid understanding of economic terms and concepts and private sector development
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks independently, adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to function as a team player in a multicultural team, within and across teams, and deliver on complex and sometimes parallel tasks on very tight deadlines
- Proven ability to capture trends, case studies and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner
- Strong understanding of online metrics/ analysis
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and an ability to learn, adapt, and to be innovative as new communications challenges arise
- Self-motivated, creative, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment
World Bank Group Core Competencies
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you