Apply for the ongoing World Bank Group Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This World Bank Group job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Trade and International Integration Unit (DECTI) within the Development Research Group (DECRG) of the World bank aims to improve understanding of the role of global economic integration in development and poverty reduction. It also develops databases and analytic tools to analyze the impact of policy reforms.
We are looking for an Extended Term Consultant (ETC) to contribute to a number of studies on international integration and its impacts. The specific projects the ETC is expected to contribute to include but are not limited to (i) a study examining how the risk of deportation impacts refugees’ integration efforts and labor market outcomes in Germany (ii) analysis of the determinants of radicalization using geospatial data and (iii) analysis of the determinants of aid effectiveness.
Expected Tasks and Outputs
The consultant is expected to: – Identify, compile, and organize databases suitable for studying the research topics listed above; i.e. clean and harmonize administrative and survey data such as the German Socio-Economic Panel survey – Conduct econometric and statistical analysis – Write research papers – Assist with cross-support to other World Bank teams – Assist the team with ad hoc requests as needed
Duration and Payment of the consultancy
The duration of the consultancy is from July 1st, 2022 until June 23, 2023.
- Graduate degree (with strong quantitative background) in Economics, Finance, or Statistics
- Experience in applied research at a recognized research center, university or other organization is desired.
- Strong Stata skills are required.
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Matlab) is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and demonstrated experience with managing large databases with understanding of statistical analysis of panel and time series data are desired.
- A background in and understanding of international trade and migration research would be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Fluency in German would be helpful but is not required.
- High motivation and initiative, a positive attitude, and ability to work harmoniously in a team.
- Strong organization capabilities and detail-orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results effectively, taking personal responsibility to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments, to adjust to changing needs, and prioritize among evolving tasks, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you